Hattaway Communications is dedicated to communications for impact. We use the power of strategy, science, and storytelling to help visionary leaders and organizations achieve ambitious goals that benefit people and the planet.
DMV-area nonprofits in need of communications expertise are invited to apply for our pro-bono program. We’re looking to work with organizations that are led by people of color, serve communities of color, and operate locally.
This is a good opportunity for your organization if you:
- Want to update your brand or share a new story about the work you do
- Need to target new audiences to increase your reach, resources, and impact
- Are launching a new campaign and need help with strategy and design
- Have new leadership and want to define a fresh vision and communications strategy
- Want to update your brand’s visual identity to reflect your current mission and impact
Our work together will focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Research. We can conduct research that produces insights that help you understand how to motivate and mobilize your audience.
- Strategy. We can work with you to define communications objectives, identify your key audiences, and produce a clear game plan for your communications.
- Content. Our designers and storytellers can create content through messages, images, and stories that inspire and engage people.
- Campaigns. We can explore how to reach your audience through the right channels, conversations, and experiences.
- Knowledge. We can provide coaching and training to equip your team to be confident and effective communicators.
The program is intended for DMV-based organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Mission-Driven. Your organization must align with our mission of achieving ambitious goals for people and the planet.
- Diverse Leadership and Service. Your organization should be primarily led by a person(s) of color and serve communities of color.
- DMV-Focused. Your organization should operate in the DMV and serve local communities.
- Limited Resources. Your organization’s budget does not allow for consultation services.
This is an opportunity for your organization to collaborate with our team of strategists, researchers, designers, and storytellers and for Hattaway to partner with local organizations and help support our community.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com with “Pro-Bono Application” in the subject line:
- A one-to-two-page cover letter explaining what kind of communications assistance your organization needs and how it would benefit from this initiative. The cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What are your communications goals?
- What would you like to achieve through working with us?
- What would you like the communications deliverable from our work together to be?
For example: a new logo, website, communications plan.
- Why are you seeking help now?
- What would our assistance mean to your organization?
- A brief overview of your organization and its work—detailing your mission, impact, program areas, key audiences, and organizational structure.
The application open period is from April 10–May 12, 2023. We will review all submissions and contact the finalists for additional information.